Monday, October 11, 2010

parents

Okay here is just a quit blurb about parents........   Do you blame the kids or the parents?  I don't know how it is out there but around here a child is never wrong.   When did parents stop becoming parents and became friends of their own child?  (don't get me wrong a good friendship with your child is great)  How can you down outright lie for your child when you know he is wrong?  Do you do him any good keeping him from fair punishment by coaches or schools?  In my opinion hell no.  Lets start being parents and teach our kids right from wrong instead of blaming everyone else for what is wrong and trying to get them out of trouble.

One other note I love coaching as to most of us who do it for pennies at the high school level.  We are roll models but when did we get the responsibility of raising and disciplining other peoples children.  I don't know about you but I would get in trouble in school and be afraid to go home and tell my parents.  Today kids call or text mom and dad within seconds of being corrected and before you get a shower they are in your office wanting to know why you picked on their child.  Come on now what is going on here?


What do ya think lets here some feedback what does they world think??????????


Visit sportshock.net 
the world's largest amateur advertising website in the worl

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mavricco, I posted a comment on your post yesterday - I don't know why it didn't come up. :( There seems to have been a shift in the education towards outsourcing all of life's broader skills/knowledge/tools to schools. Parents need to step up and see that they have a role in their kids' education too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on my phone so this will be short I agree I agree I agree. I am also a school teacher and see it all the time.

    ReplyDelete